Welcome to the North College Park Citizens Association (NCPCA), your neighborhood forum for citizen involvement and advocacy.
The next meeting is scheduled for Sept 11, 2014. Below is the agenda:
Agenda for Meeting of September 11, 2014
To be Determined
Join NCPCA! Only members may vote on issues before the Association.
Summary of Meeting of June 12, 2014
- College Park Community Foundation – Dave Milligan gave a short presentation on the current activities of the CPCF.
- Development Overview – Ms. Terry Schum, Director, College Park Planning Dept. provided an overview of City and development projects in our area.
- Officer Elections – Elected to office were: Chris Nagel, President; Arthur Eaton, Vice President; Jackie Pearce-Garrett-Treasurer; Larry Bleau, Secretary.
- Greenbelt Metro Interchange – Voted to send letter to SHA.
Summary of Meeting of May 8, 2014
- Nominations – Nominees were announced for each office.
- Greenbelt Metro Entrance – Members voiced numerous concerns about the College Park side of the access to the Greenbelt Metro.
- City Police Force – Members discussed various aspects of the City’s contract police and a potential City police force.
- Hollywood Road Extended – Members opposed a suggested feasibility study on extending Hollywood Road to the west side of US 1 to connect with the Mazza Grandmarc development.
Summary of Meeting of Apr 10, 2014
- NCPCA Email List – Discussed if NCPCA email list (ncpca) should be changed to be a discussion list. No change made.
- Graffiti – There has been graffiti at Hollywood Rd. and Rhode Island Ave, as well as other places. Residents have reported this to the City.
- Pedestrian Safety – Rebecca Vaughan gave members a presentation on research she had done about the safety of the pedestrian crossing at US 1 and Edgewood Rd., as well as US 1 and I-95 exit ramp.
- Dannielle Glaros announced she is running for office of County Council
- Endleman Property – The University of Maryland wants to use this property as an urban farm.
- Light Rail – SHA plans a light rail line along US 29, a spur of which will go to MD 193.
- Parking On 53rd Ave – People (nonguests) routinely use a guest pass to park near the metro station, in violation of City rules.
Summary of Meeting of Mar 13, 2014
- Tax Update – Presentation on Federal and MD tax changes and how they affect homeowners, workers, and retirees
- Assistant City Manager, Bill Gardiner, introduced himself
- NCPCA Flyer – Review of draft NCPCA flyer
- College Park Mother’s Day 5 K Race on May 11 through North College Park
- Good Neighbor Day – Gloria Blackwell, University of Maryland Director of Community Involvement, spoke to members about the upcoming Good Neighbor Day (Mar 29, 9-1:30)
- Safety Concerns were expressed about behavior of nonresidents in the four tunnels area, members asked for police support to address these concerns
- City Budget Wish List discussion
- College Park Academy discussion
- Greenbelt Metro Development discussion
Summary of Meeting of Jan 9, 2014
- Relocation of College Park Academy – Discussion of concerns related to possible future relocation of the Academy to the Al Huda School site. Members listed issues they’d like Council to address.
- UM Emergency Alert System – A short presentation was made. besides faculty, staff, and students, City residents can subscribe.
- NCPCA became a sponsor of the Prince Georges Running Club and made a $300 donation.
Volunteers Needed To Place Meeting Signs
We need volunteers to place and remove meeting notification signs near your home each month. Contact one of the officers to assist.