Welcome to the North College Park Citizens Association (NCPCA), your neighborhood forum for citizen involvement and advocacy.
The next meeting is scheduled for Sept 11, 2014. Below is the agenda:
Next Meeting is September 11
Agenda for Meeting of September 11, 2014
To be Determined
Join NCPCA! Only members may vote on issues before the Association.
Summary of Meeting of June 12, 2014
- College Park Community Foundation – Dave Milligan gave a short presentation on the current activities of the CPCF.
- Development Overview – Ms. Terry Schum, Director, College Park Planning Dept. provided an overview of City and development projects in our area.
- Officer Elections – Elected to office were: Chris Nagel, President; Arthur Eaton, Vice President; Jackie Pearce-Garrett-Treasurer; Larry Bleau, Secretary.
- Greenbelt Metro Interchange – Voted to send letter to SHA.
Summary of Meeting of May 8, 2014
- Nominations – Nominees were announced for each office.
- Greenbelt Metro Entrance – Members voiced numerous concerns about the College Park side of the access to the Greenbelt Metro.
- City Police Force – Members discussed various aspects of the City’s contract police and a potential City police force.
- Hollywood Road Extended – Members opposed a suggested feasibility study on extending Hollywood Road to the west side of US 1 to connect with the Mazza Grandmarc development.
Summary of Meeting of Apr 10, 2014
- NCPCA Email List – Discussed if NCPCA email list (ncpca) should be changed to be a discussion list. No change made.
- Graffiti – There has been graffiti at Hollywood Rd. and Rhode Island Ave, as well as other places. Residents have reported this to the City.
- Pedestrian Safety – Rebecca Vaughan gave members a presentation on research she had done about the safety of the pedestrian crossing at US 1 and Edgewood Rd., as well as US 1 and I-95 exit ramp.
- Dannielle Glaros announced she is running for office of County Council
- Endleman Property – The University of Maryland wants to use this property as an urban farm.
- Light Rail – SHA plans a light rail line along US 29, a spur of which will go to MD 193.
- Parking On 53rd Ave – People (nonguests) routinely use a guest pass to park near the metro station, in violation of City rules.
Summary of Meeting of Mar 13, 2014
- Tax Update – Presentation on Federal and MD tax changes and how they affect homeowners, workers, and retirees
- Assistant City Manager, Bill Gardiner, introduced himself
- NCPCA Flyer – Review of draft NCPCA flyer
- College Park Mother’s Day 5 K Race on May 11 through North College Park
- Good Neighbor Day – Gloria Blackwell, University of Maryland Director of Community Involvement, spoke to members about the upcoming Good Neighbor Day (Mar 29, 9-1:30)
- Safety Concerns were expressed about behavior of nonresidents in the four tunnels area, members asked for police support to address these concerns
- City Budget Wish List discussion
- College Park Academy discussion
- Greenbelt Metro Development discussion
Summary of Meeting of Jan 9, 2014
- Relocation of College Park Academy – Discussion of concerns related to possible future relocation of the Academy to the Al Huda School site. Members listed issues they’d like Council to address.
- UM Emergency Alert System – A short presentation was made. besides faculty, staff, and students, City residents can subscribe.
- NCPCA became a sponsor of the Prince Georges Running Club and made a $300 donation.
Volunteers Needed To Place Meeting Signs
We need volunteers to place and remove meeting notification signs near your home each month. Contact one of the officers to assist.