Welcome to the North College Park Citizens Association (NCPCA), your neighborhood forum for citizen involvement and advocacy.
Meeting Location Change: Updated for SEPTEMBER
Until further notice, the meeting area at Davis hall will not be available. NCPCA will hold its meeting in those months in the Youth and family Services complex, located at 4912 Nantucket Road, in the drop-in room. Use the entrance nearest the parking lot. We will post notice when the meeting are relocated back to Davis Hall.
The next meeting is scheduled for Sep 8, 2016.
Agenda Items for September 8 Meeting
Don’t forget to renew your membership! Download the latest membership application and bring it with you or mail to 4912 Nantucket Road, attn: NCPCA.
- 7:30 – Call to Order, Officers Reports.
- 7:35 – Stormwater Management Projects in North College Park. Engineering consultants for Prince George’s County will present the location of storm water management projects happening throughout North College Park.
- 8:15 – Hollywood Park, Stormwater Management and other Improvements. A separate stormwater management project associated with the Clean Water Partnership will present a project planned for Hollywood Park. The project provides an opportunity for additional improvements, and residents will have an opportunity to give their inputs and ideas for this part. On the project map, locations 32, 33, 52, 54, 57, and 67 are moving forward.
- 8:40 – Stormwater Management Project: City of College Park. Steve Beavers from the City’s Development office will discuss another, separate project related to stormwater management. The location of this project is on Narragansett near Muskogee.
- 9:00 – Neighborhood Yard Sale. Resident Mark Hoffman will discuss how to gather neighbors interested in participating in a neighborhood-wide yard sale.
- 9:10 – New Business
- 9:15 – Announcements from Members, Guests, and Officials
- 9:20 – Adjourn
Summary of Meeting on Jun 9, 2016
- Dog Park and Community Garden Survey – Members were given handouts on the survey results about a possible Dog Park survey results and Community Garden survey results in the City.
- Neighborhood Beautification – Members were given a summary of the ideas for ways to improve the look of the community; other ideas were discussed.
Summary of Meeting on May 12, 2016
- 21st District Legislative Report – MD Senator Jim Rosapepe reported on legislative accomplishments this past season. They ranged from City and campus matters, transportation, County matters, the relocation of FBI headquarters, and environmental matters.
- Park Run Weekly 5k Run – A new weekly run has started in College Park.
- NCPCA Visioning – Members took part in a new visioning process to generate ideas for improving our neighborhoods.
- Nominating Committee – The committee reported that all current officers are willing to run again.
- Yard Signs, NCPCA Banner, and City Flyer – Motions were introduced for each of these; they will be voted on in June.
- Flowers – NCPCA donated $20 in matching funds toward flowers for the Parkdale memorial service for teacher Gladys Tordil.
See full minutes for more details.
Summary of Meeting on April 14, 2016
- Officers Reports – Jackie Pearce Garrett gave updates about several outstanding matters, including SHA and the beltway widening, curb and gutter replacements, and drainage mitigation near the Metro station. Eric Hoffman gave the Treasurer’s report.
- Bike Share Plans for North College Park – Terry Schum presented locations and schedule for implementation of bike share, scheduled to launch May 4. There will be two locations in North College Park.
- Nominating Committee was formed
- Duvall Field Improvements – Formed a subcommittee to gather resident input for improvements to Duvall Field.
- Stolen Mail Packages – Members requested action to help resolve mail delivery and theft issues.
See full minutes for more details.
Volunteers Needed To Place Meeting Signs
We need volunteers to place and remove meeting notification signs near your home each month. Contact one of the officers to assist.